The business was started in April of 1999 by the current owners. After retiring from corporate employment the current owner and his wife put everything they had into the Feed Store business and after 5 years they outgrew the building they occupied and built a 6000 sq. ft. building that is its current home. The owners have the knowledge of the feed they sell and to give their customers enough information to make an educated decision on what feed is best for their particular animal. They take all the time needed to make sure all questions are answered to the customer’s satisfaction.
In 2006, the store was nominated as Best Small Business of the Year for East Montgomery County. That same year they won the award Top Small Business from the 745 Networking Group.
The company serves farmers and ranchers as well as the general population of Montgomery and Northern Harris Counties. The have an active data base of over 2500 customers who purchased products from them in 2014. The key to maintaining the existing customer base is to give excellent service and have the knowledge to be able to recommend quality products that will answer their needs. There are no clients who even come close to approaching 10% of the total revenue.
The real property consists of a 6.1 acre tract of vacant land, legally described as Lots 2-5, Block 1, Section 1, Oak Lane Acres, Porter, Montgomery County, TX (See survey page 26). There are currently six buildings on the property totaling roughly 7,330 sq. ft. The buildings are used as follows:
1. 6000 sq. ft. retail store with two drive-in bays for loading and unloading feed and merchandise.
2. There is a prebuilt double wide mobile home on the property. The mobile home is 22 years old and has approximately 1800 sq. ft. consisting of 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, dining room, living room and breakfast nook. The home is tied down to a concrete wash and hooked up to city water and sewer.
3. 12’ x 24’ Tin sided portable building used for additional storage.
4. 15’ x 40’ Covered building for storage of round bales.
5. 11’ x 40’ Covered building for storage of equipment.
6. 15’ x 30’ Portable building with bathroom hook ups.
7. There are also two 20’ x 8’ shipping containers which have been reconfigured to use as a garage.
This opportunity represents a quality retail establishment combined with valuable real estate that has significant room for development or business expansion.