An information management company providing services to the health care provider market, including medical coding, auditing and consulting.
Summary Investment Considerations:
• Company has expertise and assists major health care providers in the transition taking place in electronic medical records. Services include coding, consulting, and auditing. Capable of building a potential platform offering a full range of services in a broader market.
• Given the key personnel’s knowledge, experience, relationships, and access to major health care providers as well as off-shore companies, they have a solid base and credibility in their market to build on.
• Knowledgeable and credentialed leadership team familiar with the changing regulatory environment facing Health Information Management.
• Coding is a high margin service. Focus in this area will add significantly to EBITDA without requiring a major fixed cost investment. An increased effort to build the off-shore coding model can leverage this growth as well.
• Auditing services can be expanded as demand is increasing in areas including ICD-10 compliance, off-shore coder quality verification, and hospital-owned but formerly independent physician and auxiliary services.
• COO will stay on for at least a year to transition the business.
Owners will provide training and support.