For decades this geotechnical engineering services firm has developed into the largest and most preferred specialty engineering services provider of its type in its market. They estimate they have a market share of over 50% and serve all aspects of their market. Their customers include architects, engineers, real estate developers, property owners and construction building contractors. They provide a wide array of specialty engineering services used in the commercial and residential construction market. They primarily work on one of Hawaii’s island, but do some work across the state and see this as a future growth opportunity.
They have had good revenue growth and operating profits and in 2017 their sales revenue was $652,773, up 36% over 2016, and their owner’s profits (SDE) were $311,297. 2018 continues to show excellent financial performance with year to date October sales up 14.8% over the same period in 2017.
The business owner also owns the real estate used by the Business. The owner is offering to either: (i) sell the real estate to a Business buyer at a price of $630,000, or (ii) to provide a long-term lease, with a long-term option to purchase the real estate, at a monthly lease rent of $2,813, NNN. The real estate purchase alternative gives the buyer the opportunity to build real estate equity in Hawaii’s great market instead of paying rent.
The Business is being offered totally turnkey with a large array of vehicles, test and other equipment, a non-compete agreement, training/orientation provided to the buyer and the transfer of all backlog to the buyer.
This is a great opportunity for a buyer, who is a licensed professional engineer or will hire a licensed professional engineer, and who wants to own and operate their own engineering business and live in Hawaii’s paradise; or for a larger engineering firm looking to expand their geographic coverage.
REAL ESTATE/LEASE DETAILS
Offer to either:
• Sell at $630,000
• Long-term Lease: $2,813/month, NNN, with option to purchase
Centrally located close to customers
• Decades building a positive reputation for excellent work in their market
• Excellent historic sales growth; $652,773 in 2017
• Consistently profitable; 2017 owner’s profit (SDE) of over $311,000
• Excellent profit margins
• Estimated market share of over 50%
• Strong construction economy in Hawaii
• Strong trained team
• Excellent investment in equipment and technology
• Ability to build long term real estate equity or low-cost rent
• The company has had no (zero) professional liability claims which is due to high quality control of the day to day operations: this has resulted in an excellent reputation amongst architects, engineers and contractors
• Opportunity to expand to other Hawaii islands.
• Live and work in Hawaii
For a copy of our 40+ page Confidential Business Profile which includes financial and business details, please contact Tom at Hawaii Business Sales for a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Business owns the real estate and is offered for sale at $630,000 or for long term lease
Family health issues require relocation