In 2012 the Company began offering guided personal transporter (“PT”) tours in Hawaii. They operate out of a well located, low cost retail location and they offer over 10 different tours including private tours of the area using 17 personal transporters. The Company also sell parts and offer repair services for privately owned transporters, sells other Hawaii activities for which they earn a commission and they offer a wide array of retail tourist items like tee shirts, etc. at their store.
Their 1,200-square foot store is designed with beautiful handcrafted furniture and decor and features a full range of personal transportation models. They have a very effective web site which accounts for about 70% of total sales. They also sell through local activities sellers and hotel concierges, to whom they pay a sales commissions. In addition, they are also approved repair technicians so they can repair both their and others PTs and can buy PT parts at a discount.
All labor is provided by a small team of full and part time independent contractors.
The Company currently has an annual renewable agreement with an international provider of personal transporters. This Agreement details a number of items, including:
1. Appoints the Company as a non-exclusive provider.
2. They are authorized to sell and service company products in the USA, etc.
3. Provide PT training to all customers.
4. Non-exclusive use of trademarks
• The Company offers a very well-known and relatively new and exciting recreational activity for the many visitors to Hawaii.
• Hawaii for many reason has become one of the US’s and World’s preferred vacation and convention venues and continues to see excellent growth in the number of visitors and their expenditures.
• Fairly easy business to operate with only a few staff members.
• There revenue is spread over guided tours, repairs and parts sales, sales of complimentary tourist activities and the sale of tourist type retail goods at their retail location
• Significant portion of value is in tangible PTs
• Good revenue growth with excellent profit margins and owner’s profits.
• No direct competition.
For the trailing 12 months, ending July 31, 2017, the Company had sales of over $342,000 which generated over $121,000 of owner cash flow (“Seller’s Discretionary Earnings”).
This is a great, easy to run business that generates good cash flow and growth. A great way to live and enjoy Hawaii.
Open on other parts of the island.
No direct competition